Sunday, May 09, 2004

What are they thinking?

Well, here in my state the GOP party is a bit wacky to say the least. A couple of years ago we had an election for governor. Well, the ticket on the Republican side was open and so there was a primary. The conservative won. No big deal, I didn't think. In the past when moderates have beat out conservatives in the primary then conservative voters have stuck with the party. Apparently this rule only runs one way as all the moderates defected and voted Democrat. Needless to say we now have a Democrat governor.

What really cracks me up is folks reaction to that fact. Recently the legislature passed concealed carry (yes, we are one of the 4 or 5 states that does not allow it). There was much debate and discussions as to if the governor would sign the bill or veto it. I was astounded. Are people really that stupid? She had run on a platform of vetoing concealed carry and had stated in a radio debate that she would veto any such bills. What kind of lunatics were even wondering what would happen? After she vetoed the bill I went around and patted folks on the back. You moderates must be real proud of your governor...

Of course if my candidate does not win in the primaries from now on I reserve the right to vote for and campaign for another party. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

No comments: